Updated: 25th May 2018 in accordance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
Why we collect data
We use the information you provide to enable us to trade with you and to offer you an efficient service. This may include the following:
• making deliveries
• making collections
• running our accounts department
• sending marketing and special offer emails
• improving your experience on the website (through website cookies)
How we collect data
We collect information via the contact forms on our website. We also gather data from emails, letters, relevant telephone calls, credit applications and bank transactions.
We also use website cookies, which help us improve the experience when you visit our website.
What data we collect
We may hold the following information:
• Company names
• Company addresses, telephone and fax numbers
• General and specific email addresses, including for individual staff members if provided to us
• Operational and accounts contact names, telephone and fax numbers and email addresses
• Information supplied to make collections or deliveries, or store items in our warehouses.
• Company trading information such as VAT number and bank account details, and trade references
• Information supplied regarding insurance, legal matters, regulatory bodies or law enforcement – only as required by law.
Who has access to this data?
Maintaining the security of your information is very important to us. All computerised data is password protected and all electronic equipment is running security software. Hard copies of documents are retained in secure storage areas and are destroyed on request (within legal requirements) or after a maximum of 7 years. Only authorised employees have access to your data.
We may also disclose aspects of your data to the following:
• Collection and delivery details to subcontractors, only for the purpose of delivering to our customers
• Authorised IT providers
• Authorised credit checking facilities
• Insurers, in the event of an incident or claim
• Regulatory bodies, such as government departments
• Legal services
• Law enforcement agencies
Please be assured that disclosure will only be made within statutory guidelines.
Controlling your data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Reply to any email stating that your personal information should not be used for marketing or fundraising emails or letters.
• If you wish to revoke consent for this, you may do so at any time - please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at this address:
PHL (UK) Limited, Ford Farm Estate, Ford Lane, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG25 2RP, United Kingdom.
We reserve the right to charge a small fee for this, in line with GDPR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details above, and we will make any amendments required.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
In the event of a complaint
If you ever have cause for concern regarding the processing of your personal information, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can call on 0303 123 1113, or contact them via email - https://ico.org.uk/global/contactus/email/ or write to them at their address:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AFWant more information? Get in touch with us today, click here »